Saturday, February 12, 2011

Try 15 New Recipes: Seared Steak and Spicy Rice Noodles

Wow!  I am sooo late with this posting.  Ben and I made this meal what seems like FOREVER ago!  Since making it this time, we've already made it again because it is soooo delicious.

Let me take a minute to tell you about CHOW.com.  I first found this site when I was looking for ideas for appetizers for our holiday party.  They had some great recipes (with wonderful photography, which I am a huge sucker for).  But check it out!  You can even create your own profile and save recipes to it.  I have at least 25 recipes saved that I hope to make at some point.  And CHOW is how I found the recipe for Seared Steak with Spicy Rice Noodles:
  
I started by collecting the ingredients for the vinaigrette and set Ben to work putting it together.  Although often I would substitute some of these ingredients if I didn't have them, I made a point to buy them all and they worked perfectly together.  I wouldn't change it if you can avoid it. 


    
Then onto the bok choy, which I had never made before, and now love.  It adds the perfect crunch!

Who can say no to a mid-preparation drink?

    
Steak, noodles, and the finishing touches...

a little mix...

Top with chopped peanuts and a lime wedge, and there you have it! 
 A perfect meal.

I recommend this meal whole-heartedly.  Because this is most definitely not my recipe, I haven't listed it here.  But find it here at on CHOW. 


**one more quick note: I rarely follow recipes, I'm horrible at it.  I like to take creative licence.  But I forced myself to follow this recipe perfectly and it was DELICIOUS.  My only change would be to make the noodles and bok choy later (they got cold).  I would start them just after starting the steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment