Thursday, August 11, 2011

One Day Before International Travel!!!!

If you know me, you know I love to travel.  At least every year since I was born I've left the country (hahah, mostly to Canada).  But when I was16, I took my first solo trip abroad to Argentina.  Since then I have traveled internationally at least once each year; some years, much more.  But since returning from Morocco TWO YEARS AGO (I cannot believe it!) I haven't left the country.  BIG SAD FACE!

I've been stuck in real life- graduating,  trying to find a job,  moving (a few times), finding a job, quitting job(s)...  Travel didn't seem to fit in.  But, it's in the very thread of my being. And so, I'm very happy to announce my return to the international circuit.

My trip to Costa Rica, lasting 10 days, will be one of my shorter stays in-country.  I tend to pride myself on longer trips where I get to know the place a bit better.  But, despite being bummed that I won't have more time to refresh my language skills, this time it's all about getting out of the US. 


This is my second attempt at going to Costa Rica.  Back in Summer 2007 (after a treacherous year in Indiana), I purchased a ticket to Costa Rica, only to cancel it a few weeks later. As you know, I almost canceled this trip as well.  But even though I'm amidst a move, a rekindled relationship, and unemployment, now is the perfect time to go.


As I mentioned when I updated my list, chances are I won't be able to cross Brazil off the list.  (Brazil was the first country I ever expressed an interest in at the mature age of three).  But going to Costa Rica is an accomplishment in its own right.


As of now, less than 24 hours prior to departure, I do not have an itinerary.  There are places I would like to go: Arenal, Monteverde, Manuel Antonio, Jaco... But I'm challenging myself to keep it unstructured- we'll see where the trip takes me! 


And yes, I will be taking my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment